We would love to see you at any of the services and events at St Matthias. And we’d be glad to help you explore the Christian faith more too.
Twice a year we run courses that aim to do that – usually beginning in October, and another in late January. However, you don’t have to wait for these – come along to one of the services and speak to one of the welcomers or contact the Church Office if you’d like to meet someone to talk things through. Or why not take a look here? www.rejesus.co.uk
What happens at a Sunday morning service?
There’s such a range of styles of services, that you may like to look at the Services tab for details, but most services will include:
- Worship and teaching based on the bible.
- Coffee and refreshments afterwards to get to know people.
- The number of families is growing rapidly, so don’t worry if you’re unsure how you’ll manage with even small children or babies. We aim to cater for children of all ages in the services, or in groups tailored to their age groups.
- There’s always a space for young children to play, and there’s easy access to toilets.
- Most services last about an hour, with the Communion services about 90 minutes (which is where the children and young people have their own group activities for part of the service).
Will I have to do anything?
- Nothing is compulsory! You don't need to join in anything unless you want to. All the words are in a service booklet and song book, or on a screen.
- You're welcome to sit anywhere.
- There's no dress code.
- There is a collection during the service but please don’t feel obliged to give any money. You wouldn’t be the only person to let the collection ‘plate’ pass by anyway, since many people give money to the church through their bank accounts.
- We don't worry about noisy children!
How do I get in?
- There is some parking on site though many of the surrounding roads have on road parking – e.g. Babbacombe Road, Ilsham Road.
- Our step free access is either up a ramp via the modern Church Centre or through the side porch door where Babbacombe Road meets Higher Warberry Road.
- Room for buggies inside and a toilet and baby changing facilities in the church building and in the hall.
- Hearing loop.
- Space for wheelchairs.
- For older people who would like to come and need assistance with transport, please contact the Church Office.
- Large print words are available.
- We serve free real Fairtrade coffee after the service in the Church Hall and would love to meet you and introduce you to other people.
Find out more